Sunday, August 30, 2009

White or Red?

In July we were in Utah for a nanosecond; that equates to about 12 hours of awake time with the Grands! During that time I had the opportunity to tuck Crazy 2 and Crazy 3 into bed. They have in their room one of those "white noise" machines; you know like the sounds of a babbling brook or ocean waves crashing into the shore! After leaving their room I remember commenting......"I can't sleep with noise, I need quiet!" Well, after returning home one night I awoke to very, very heavy breathing, it wasn't quite snoring but it was loud enough to wake me up! Normally I would say to Mr. Man (the offender) STOP breathing and give him a hearty nudge. Not that I really want him to actually stop breathing but that's just our "little system," well actually it is my "little system!" But this night I opted to get up and go to another room inasmuch as Mr. Man had not been feeling well I hated to interrupt what seemed like some much needed deep sleep. The next morning Mr. Man found me and was apologetic for his "loudness!" It was then that I realized I prefer red over white............noise that is!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Lol! I'm glad that you have learned to like red noise.

Kimberly said...

A thought just popped in my head. We prefer quiet but not in the absense of the noise. ;)