Sunday, May 26, 2013
Friday, May 24, 2013
We Mr. ManThe BigValy (let’s get real, I’ve been calling him that since the beginning of the marriage) has finally trapped atwo gophers. But the hunt is NOT over!
- Happily See’s truffles are only 180 calories per serving and a serving is 2 pieces. Although I’m not sure "serving" is a word to use when
- A three-day weekend is great; but getting a four-day weekend is even greater. Best Thursday surprise ever!!
- This weekend will find us decorating and cleaning the earthly resting spots of those we love and miss. It is a great tradition that I look forward to each year.
- From missteps come great new ideas.
- Don't ever be afraid to ask. The answer will sometimes be more than you ever expected.
- Some days just don't warrant getting dressed up for.
- Frozen yogurt with friends is the best way to enjoy it.
- Watching Dottie watch TV is almost as enjoyable as watching what is on the television itself. She loves the nature shows.
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
There has been a lot the past two weeks in this month of May that has left me with a heavy heart. A neighbor and less activity member of the church lost her brother, his wife and four year old nephew in a house fire. Initially when I had read about it in the paper my feelings of sadness was great; but then when I could put a face to it the sadness became even more keen. Then on Mother’s Day a nine year old autistic girl with the mental capacity of a toddler who was visiting our area went missing; law enforcement used the church as a command post in the rescue effort. Sadly three days later her body was discovered in the creek where she had wandered off to and subsequently drowned. Again my heart was weighed down by the heaviness of the loss of such a choice spirit.
So with a heavy heart I ask myself what can I do? I was preparing for Sharing Time and came across a quote that went something like this: Get out of your house and do something for someone else! I think I shall!!
Sunday, May 19, 2013
Sunday, May 12, 2013
Thursday, May 9, 2013
And may I say, May like the rest of the year is flying by. Why is that? That's a question I can't answer but a good question nevertheless! But this is what I know on this day in May!
- The gophers are winning. Apparently a flare is a kin to a campfire. Because of this Mr. Man is less than pleased and pretty much exhausted our flare supply out of all of our cars; not to mention that he has purchased several additional ones.
- We have had days in the 90's recently but it rained
todayyesterday. Mother Nature is showing that even she can't make up her mind. Love her.
- When the phone rings at 2:00 in the morning you can pretty much plan on not getting any more sleep even if it was a wrong number. Note to self when you are going to call someone at 2:00 in the morning and say "they've taken dad" please make sure you are dialing the right number!
- Have seen some great baseball so far in the month of May. For the record I Love Love Little League.
- I prefer to know the results of “reality TV” shows before I watch them. It is just more enjoyable to me!!!
- Sometimes I call Mr. Man on the phone when he is upstairs and I am downstairs because I don’t want to yell. Don’t judge!
- Singing can change ones mood in a nano second even when you don't have a great voice!!
- I have a morning playlist. Recently added favorites are: It’s a Beautiful Day (Michael Bublé), Gone, Gone, Gone (Phillip Phillips)
- Current favorite, favorite know all the words to favorite is: 50 Ways to Say Goodbye (Train)
- I like to know all the words to the songs I sing....it’s a requirement!
- Change will come. Sometimes it just takes forever!
- I love exclamation marks!!!!!!! Some sentences deserve more than others!!
- When we drive in the commuter lane (which is daily) sometimes it makes me nervous because we are going 65+ and the lane next to us is stopped. They can't be happy.
- Thanks is good to say but Thank You is so much better!! I’m working very hard to only say “Thank you!” Sometimes I mess up.
- I recently commented twice on a blog which I enjoy reading and the author found the time to write me back twice!! Me!!! She has 9 outstanding children, one of which is a missionary, an amazing husband, one very, very, very cute dog and I’m sure lots of laundry. Did I mention she wrote me twice? My heart enlarged and to her I say Thank You!!
- No day should be taken for granted!!!
That’s my May so far……….more to come!
Monday, May 6, 2013
I’m not a fan of wasting time. But who is? If you are raise your hand, I have a project for you!!
It is a simple one actually or at least I thought it was. I went online to my “American Greeting Card” create your own greeting card account. Found the card I wanted went to personalize it. First page not a problem. Oh did you want to edit the inside and the back. Good luck with that. You can preview it. But don’t you darn try to change anything. After numerous attempts…nothing. Then I get so annoyed I have to Google the problem…nothing again. So then I go to the “chat” of course they are closed. I want to solve this issue now. But do you see what is happening here……I’m wasting time. All because I wanted to make my own card. All because I don’t have time to stop at the store. All because I don’t want to waste time reading every card in the store. Forget it I’ll just send my personal shopper. He knows how to get in and get out. He’s not a time waster.