I’m sure I’ve mentioned this somewhere before but in my lifetime I’ve probably only had six (if that many) people cut or color or perm my hair. I’m picky that way. It has been long. It has been short; very short. It has been every length in between. It has been curly. It has been frosted. It has been red but never blond. I travel great distances to have my hair done. That’s just how it works for me. And of course it doesn’t hurt that I get to see my daughter, sil, and three grans in the process. On my last visit I requested a perm. My hair is longer now, much to her chagrin. She loves short hair and I do too sometimes. But her mother is a free spirit and for now is on the long hair train and now I want a perm. No one does perms anymore came the reply. That’s okay because I’m not no one. So she agreed. She is good to me that way. And can I just say I.Love. Love. Love.It! I call it my Hippy Hair. I’m sure she is not impressed. Okay let’s call it my brave hair. And no I’m not going red!!!
Monday, April 29, 2013
- Prepare DVD for Primary
- Clean bathroom
- Do some Landsend shopping; 40% off
- Prepare DVD for Primary. I made the DVD after much trial and error. But it still wouldn't work. So turned to Plan B. I'll just take my laptop; in hinsight that wasn't a great idea either.
- Clean bathroom. Changed my mind; I'm good at that!
- Weed. Mr. Man handled that!
- Vacuum. Talked myself out of it; I'm good at that too!
- Landsend shopping 40% off. No purchase. Couldn't find anything I liked well enough to buy!
- Blog. Check
Other things I did that didn't make the list and should have:
- Stayed in bed until 9:30 reading. It was heaven. Although the protest coming from the other room wasn't fun to listen to.
- Worked on some MBE work, it was much needed.
- Played some Words with Friends and lost badly, again still!
- Watched the movie "The Odd Life of Timothy Green". I cried. That kind of cry that constricts your throat and hurts so bad it makes you cry harder.
- Ate some ice cream. Haven't done that in forever!
- Enjoyed some hot tub time....
Sunday, April 28, 2013
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPat
Tuesday, April 23, 2013
- Sometimes if you want something done right YOU just have to do it;
- Sometimes being nice doesn’t work;
- Common sense is not all that common any more;
- Best quote of the day: “the first step to solving any problem is admitting you have one…come to thing of it, it’s the easiest!” Jase (DD)
- I prefer to surround myself with people who think like me;
- I’m happy for longer days;
- I love the sun but it doesn’t always return the love;
- Our bed is getting made each morning, it is now a habit …. sort of;
- A walk off win is the best kind of win;
- Having another flood at work
- Receiving an email from one of my grans from her very own email address makes for a perfect day;
- I love lemons especially these kind (Meyer), I would love to have a tree full of them.
Remember if life gives you lemons make lemonade!
Sunday, April 21, 2013
Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Each year our family puts together a bracket for March Madness; the NCAA Basketball Tournament. This is serious stuff. Every year Mr. Man and I have combined our efforts and make just one bracket for ourselves. And every year I say, “I need to do my own!” Finally this year I did it. I studied out the teams, I did my homework. In the beginning I felt sure I had put together a winning bracket. The games began but my picks were falling like flies and since I hadn’t picked upsets, although when they lost it was upsetting to me, I was receiving no bonus points either. So I was continually a bottom dweller; I was so sad and disheartened! But as time went on my number one pick, my overall winning pick, continued to battle to the top! I was keeping my fingers crossed. And alas they pulled it off!!
Way to go Louisville you made me
a winner first time out!!
Monday, April 8, 2013
There are two weekends in the year that I know will always be perfect. Will always be inspiring. Will always lift me up. Will always teach me. One weekend is in April and one is in October. This past weekend was one of those weekends. This past weekend was General Conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are just a few of the things that spoke to me:
- I need to do better and be a better person;
- Obedience brings blessings;
- Be kind;
- The Lord is bound (Doctrine &Covenants 82:10; a favorite scripture, heard it more than once)
- God’s light is real and full of hope!
This weekend didn’t disappoint. It is always hard to see it end. But the good news is only 181 days until the next perfect weekend!
Wednesday, April 3, 2013
Years ago a young friend suggested I toss out my scale. She said, “just judge your weight by how your pants feel! If they're too tight cut back a bit. You don't need to keep looking at the numbers on a scale to help you.”
Fast forward. I failed to think about the young 20 something person I was dealing with who could just drop a few pounds simply by running around the block and skipping lunch for one day. My 50 plus body likes to keep all things good. Like fat and stuff. A walk around the block does nothing more than annoying my body. And the thought of missing a meal sends my stomach into loud protests.
So now I contemplate whether to buy new pants that won't protest my hip addition or a new scale. I think I’ll go with the scale; I prefer numbers over clothes shopping any day! Or maybe I’ll just go buy a pair of shoes or a purse; neither of those items will betray me. Now that I can count on!