Thursday, January 15, 2009

Is it really 2009?

It seems like it has been forever since my last post. But after reading part of Elder Holland’s devotional he gave at BYU on Tuesday I’ve decided not to dwell on my deficiency .

Here is an excerpt from it:

“Counseling his audience to not dwell on days now gone or yearn vainly for yesterday, Elder Holland reminded "the past is to be learned from but not lived in," drawing upon experiences as one looks ahead. God doesn't care nearly as much about where you have been as he does about where you are, and with his help, where you are willing to go."

When the complete text becomes available I will for sure be looking it up I would love to read the whole talk. So many times I find myself looking back. He talked about Lot’s wife looking back and we know what kind of trouble that got her into. Don't want to go there.

So today I will look forward to all my tomorrows and all that they bring……no more looking back for me it is full steam ahead.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Nice to see you back in the groove of blogging. Have missed your words of wisdom.

Mike and Julie said...

Hey Sue - great article :-) Thanks for directing me to it. Hope you're having a great visit!