Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tent City

I will be reflecting back for a while on my July adventure. So today I'm talking about Tent City. As we prepped the house for the grans, we transformed our living room into a playroom of sorts. All breakables were removed. Well almost all, I forgot one of the marble tiles in the fireplace was not glued in so it was a casualty; I never liked that tile anyway, mostly because it was never glued down. So all toys and fun stuff was moved to the playroom. We bought a tent which had a tunnel attached and filled the tent with 100 fun plastic balls. By the end of the month a tepee was added to the room; said tepee was made by my mother for our kiddos to play in. (Some things I just can't give away)  Also, added to the room was a princess castle. You can't have dress up clothes without the proper residence to reside in I learned. Princesses don't live in tents or tepees..........who knew. Last night as we picked up toys and took down the tent, tepee and princess castle it felt a little bit like cleaning up after the circus had been to town.......not that I've ever been in a circus.......I'm more of the zoo type!

1 comment:

Mike and Julie said...

Congrats on the 'gran' summer :-) You're an inspiration to all gramma's & grampa's!