Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Voices in my head..............

There are just some things that are said.............that when they are said, by whom they are said become forever etched in my mind.  When I hear the word or phrase again all I see and hear in my mind is the person who said it.  They are phrases and words that take on a life of their own.  Case in point.

"Excuse me I have a question?"
That phrase belongs to DL2
She was asking for driving directions......so polite that girl!
or
"Calm your bad self!"
That phrase belongs to D2
She said this to my boss, college student that she was;
she knew how to make a lasting impression!

I love words and the people behind them!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Some days I could really use that "calm your bad self" voice in my head. I love that! I'm sure the lady at Costco yesterday would have appreciated that voice in my head as well...we'll just leave it at that. Definitley not one of my proudest moments. Words of wisdom I'll be sure to remember next time! Thanks!

Ashley Allred said...

Excuse me...I have a question. hahaha.
I love you and I love YOUR expressions too! One of my favorites is "Thank you for being you". And another favorite is that I can always hear and see your laugh in my head and love it when you get to the point of tears. It's the best! :) Miss you!