Thursday, October 13, 2011

Rough Draft


I remember learning in elementary school that no assignment, report or project was ever written without first preparing a rough draft.  Many times we had to turn our rough draft in so it could be reviewed and corrected before preparing our final draft for the “grade.”  I in turn taught (or encouraged) my children to never write a paper without first preparing that rough draft so I could review and correct it for them; after which they could then write the final paper clean and neat and hopefully with little or no spelling or punctuation errors.  Today’s computers have certainly helped a lot with this process.  But still to this day when writing anything I always write a rough draft first, I can’t help myself.  If I’m sending a note or even a birthday card, I always write down what I want to say on another piece of paper before actually writing it on the card.  Even with this blog many times I write it out in another format before transferring it to the blog.  Sometimes I just have to sit on it for a day or two to make sure what I’ve written comes out right.  I know I’m funny that way.  But that’s just how I do my best!


1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm a big proof reader. I know I still miss things, but I always try and catch my mistakes. Even when texting! lol!