Thursday, May 9, 2013

It’s May

And may I say, May like the rest of the year is flying by. Why is that? That's a question I can't answer but a good question nevertheless! But this is what I know on this day in May!

  • The gophers are winning. Apparently a flare is a kin to a campfire. Because of this Mr. Man is less than pleased and pretty much exhausted our flare supply out of all of our cars; not to mention that he has purchased several additional ones.
  • We have had days in the 90's recently but it rained today yesterday. Mother Nature is showing that even she can't make up her mind. Love her.
  • When the phone rings at 2:00 in the morning you can pretty much plan on not getting any more sleep even if it was a wrong number. Note to self when you are going to call someone at 2:00 in the morning and say "they've taken dad" please make sure you are dialing the right number!
  • Have seen some great baseball so far in the month of May. For the record I Love Love Little League.
  • I prefer to know the results of “reality TV” shows before I watch them. It is just more enjoyable to me!!!
  • Sometimes I call Mr. Man on the phone when he is upstairs and I am downstairs because I don’t want to yell.  Don’t judge!
  • Singing can change ones mood in a nano second even when you don't have a great voice!!
  • I have a morning playlist. Recently added favorites are: It’s a Beautiful Day (Michael Bublé), Gone, Gone, Gone (Phillip Phillips)
  • Current favorite, favorite know all the words to favorite is: 50 Ways to Say Goodbye (Train)
  • I like to know all the words to the songs I sing....it’s a requirement!
  • Change will come. Sometimes it just takes forever!
  • I love exclamation marks!!!!!!! Some sentences deserve more than others!!
  • When we drive in the commuter lane (which is daily) sometimes it makes me nervous because we are going 65+ and the lane next to us is stopped. They can't be happy.
  • Thanks is good to say but Thank You is so much better!! I’m working very hard to only say “Thank you!” Sometimes I mess up.
  • I recently commented twice on a blog which I enjoy reading and the author found the time to write me back twice!! Me!!! She has 9 outstanding children, one of which is a missionary, an amazing husband, one very, very, very cute dog and I’m sure lots of laundry. Did I mention she wrote me twice? My heart enlarged and to her I say Thank You!!
  • No day should be taken for granted!!!

That’s my May so far……….more to come!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Where was dad taken? Lol! Hate those wrong numbers. :P

Amy said...

Here I am commenting twice. Allison has written me back too. She's awesome.

Kimberly said...

So I need to hear more about the 2:00 am phone call

Kimberly said...

There's dried blood in my eye!!!!!

Kimberly said...

Three comments. A new record.