Saturday, September 27, 2008

So I Remember.......

From time to time I think about days gone by and although I have never written much there are a few entries that I think are worth sharing and I still remember them. This particular journal entry is dated March 25, 1979, and goes like this:

"Today was a beautiful sunny Sunday. Amy, Grant and I attended church. Val had to work at a Mobile Home Show at Cal Expo. Bishop Van Dyke conducted Fast meeting. After he bore his testimony he said that there were some children on the stand who wanted to bare their testimonies and invited any others who wanted to come up. I was in the quiet room with Grant and didn't realize Amy had gone up. I listened to the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd, then a child got up but I could only hear the voice of Sister Fisher (the Junior Sunday School Coordinator) and I thought 'what child went up there but isn't saying anything?' So I walked out and there stood Amy. I could hardly believe my eyes. She whispered she loved her parents and Heavenly Father. But to tell the truth its hard to remember much, my heart was so full and my eyes full of tears. She was so proud and I'm so proud of her. I only wish I could of stood up and been as brave as she was. To be as a child and have no fear; only the fear we seem to teach our children. I only hope I can encourage our children to share their testimonies openly and freely and harbor no fear."

To all my children thank you for your example and your inspiration; you are all amazing. To Amy I am still proud of you today, Happy Birthday!!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

This is a great entry! I even got a little teary. For some reason while reading your entry I could only picture Evelyn in my mind, which made me a little more teary!

Amy said...

For some reason your updates weren't coming up on my blog roll, so I had no idea you had posted this when I posted today about Evelyn baring her testimony. Funny to think that 33 years later I am doing with Evelyn what you where doing with me.