Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Habit

A habit is by definition an acquired behavior pattern regularly followed until it has become almost involuntary; like the habit of looking both ways before crossing the street. So how long does it take to form a habit? I've read that simple repetitive tasks require a timeframe of approximately 21 days to condition. I've also read around 30-40 repetitions for most people. So I've been thinking about this idea of forming a habit, having just come off a month (31 days) of 31 for 21. I should be right on the brink of a habit that is formed. But last year after 31 for 21 the forming of a habit didn't take. I blogged 5 times in November, skipped December, twice in January, once in February; not much of a habit there. This year I hope to do better, that is my desire. But then again a habit by definition can be defined as something you wear........I could be in trouble!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

well you're off to a good start!