Thursday, June 24, 2010

Clouds

Often when we leave for work in the morning it is a bright sunny day at our house. But as we approach the top of Mount Saint Helena we can see the valley below covered in fog or “low” clouds. Interestingly, these summer clouds are really just a protective coat over the morning; giving the sun an extra hour or two to sleep in. Clouds are kind in that way – being the sun is hard work and summer days are long. No vacations days in the summer for Mr. Sun. Morning clouds are like a hug when you least expect it. They are a subtle reminder  that nature has much to teach me if I stop long enough to look and listen.

1 comment:

Ashley Allred said...

I love it....this post is awesome. I love clouds. While we were driving to farmington a few weeks ago, Justin and I were looking at the clouds and making them into other objects or animals...it was a sweet moment that you should never grow out of doing. ;)