Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Good Time Bad Time

So I think I have a love/hate (I know hates a strong word) so I’ll use frustrating instead relationship with time. You know time, the thing there is never enough of.  We hear “it’s about time” or “time is running out” or “time’s up” or “time is of the essence.”  Now that’s a great one; not only is there not enough time but now you are trying to rush me. How about this one “better luck next time” at least there is hope in that statement; provided we want to try again! Then of course there is “time waits for no man or woman.” Now that’s time with an attitude ……..great! So where is the love of time? What about “play time” or the “good times” or “party time.” Hey I thought "time was on my side." Honestly, there are innumerable names for time; “me time” or “mom time” or “dad time.” Why even the seasons have a time; “summertime” and “wintertime.” You get the picture about time; you know of that which I speak. But there is one more thing about time that I often miss; time heals. It eases pain, it softens the memory. Time is a gentle healer, it never rushes. I love that about time. So although I get frustrated by what seems to be a lack of time in my life. Today I will look at the passing of time with a greater appreciation. Today I’ll look at time as the great teacher that it is and work harder to do the best that I can with the time that I have.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Nicely said...

Ashley Allred said...

Very good points! I love the time we share together.

Jessica said...

loved this post :)