Monday, June 14, 2010

Nesting

I have been thinking a lot about that word "nesting" lately. I looked the word up in Wikipedia and found this definition:

“It is commonly characterized by a strong urge to clean and organize one's home, and is one reason why couples who are expecting a baby often reorganize, arrange, and clean the house and surroundings. This behavior is colloquially known as "straightening out", "clearing the road", or "clearing the coast", or "building a door".”

We are so exciting to be "nesting" in preparation for our month of grans! Let the countdown begin!

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

I love it. I can't believe it's so close!

Brittani said...

you can come nest at my house if you would like!

Amy said...

Like the definition said, I always associate that word with pregnancy. So it was a little weird for me to see that as the title of a post from a post hysterectomy women. lol!

Jessica said...

Love the "building a door"...guess that means I did a little bit of nesting myself today with all the boxes I packed to take to my new nest :)...and cheers to nesting and NOT having to work around a 30+ pound pregnant belly...it really works so much better this way!