Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Lost

It was just like that, in that very moment I knew she was there. She being my mother. She was me and I was her. We were one. This is not necessarily a bad thing. But in this particular moment I wasn’t too pleased. You see my mother was a very organized and on top of things type of person. Good quality, I’ll take it. But sometimes being organized and on top of things isn’t necessarily good and I will tell you why. Say she saw something lovely at the store and thought perfect gift for someone; buy it and put it away until the time came to give the gift. Then promptly forgetting she made the purchase and where she safely put it!  That's not the part of her I want to be.

Well, back in February I made a purchase.  In fact I made five purchases.  When you find a great gift you just know everyone is going to want one.  Fast forward and yesterday she and I collided or maybe she came to me before all was lost. I was going through old emails and it was at that moment I realized I had no clear recollection of the item, of the purchase………..nothing. The ship had sailed without me; that is until I found the email.  And I knew in that moment I was my mother!

Being organized and ahead of the game was all for not. I’ve missed one opportunity to give one of these gifts and almost missed a second opportunity. Thanks Mom for saving me before all was lost…………

No comments: