Thursday, May 5, 2011

Prepare to Stop

I see this sign a lot in my travels Prepare to Stop.  It always makes me laugh when I run those words through my head because how does one actually prepare to stop?  I know they want me to slow down in the event they are going to make me stop but nine times out of ten it never happens because they aren't working when I'm driving.  Anyway, for some reason I got to thinking about the idea of being prepared.  There is so much in life that requires preparation.  But do we always adequately prepare?  Sometimes it is hard to know just what you need to prepare for; there are so many curves in life sometimes it is impossible to prepare for what comes next.  Although we didn't plan on Mr. Man being jobless for a time I'm glad we are prepared for this bump in the road.  In all of this I think the word that best works for me in being prepared is attitude.  I don't know everything that is going to happen in my life.  I know some things won't be fun.  I know some things will be disconcerting.  I know some things will be downright annoying.  But in the end I know if I keep my attitude prepared, then in the end everything will work out for our good.  It always does.


2 comments:

Shawneese Heath said...

So, did you right this before Mr. Man found out he got his new job? When we have a good attitude blessings come. Thanks for being such a great example of that.

SuSu said...

Actually yes it was written before we knew!