Monday, February 6, 2012

The Smell


This memory is prompted by this blog entry and its sequel.  I too have experienced this smelly experience.  It was about 25 years ago when we were living on a farm along the Sacramento River.  Mr. Man was working nights at the time.  That fateful night I had let out our dog Andy for his last pit stop for the evening.  Unfortunately he met up with a skunk.  With Mr. Man not home there was no way I was going to leave my dog outside. I know crazy.  But to be honest I probably wouldn't do anything different today, that's just me!  So I brought Andy into the house and proceeded to give him a tomato juice bath, repeatedly. For the record tomato juice doesn't really work, especially on a long haired dog like Andy, a sheltie.  Time and numerous baths were the only answer.  And oh for the record the “smell” up-close and personal is not the same as when you drive by it.  It smells like tar; like really, really, really strong tar at least that is how Mr. Man and I remember it to be!  Nasty!!

No comments: