Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Something New

I don’t remember having a fondness for this little gem, the (at least for me) dreaded spaghetti squash.  But I have a friend at work who loves, loves, loves, it! So I gave it a try and guess what.  I have moved over to the spaghetti squash lovin’ side.

2012-11-26 18.39.14

And with this tasty little gem I made this:

2012-11-26 18.41.40

It is kind of a spaghetti/chili sauce all in one.  This is how I made the sauce:

1 lb. of ground turkey

1 onion, diced

2 garlic cloves, minced

1 – 2 oz. can of diced chilies

28 oz. can diced tomatoes

2 tsp. ground cumin

2 tsp. dried oregano

salt and pepper to taste

Cook the turkey and onion until the onion is translucent and the meat is nearly done.  Add the garlic, green chilies, tomatoes and spices.  Let it simmer over medium to low heat until it reduces to your liking.  I simmered it about 30 minutes and it was perfect.

Serve over the spaghetti squash and you will be hooked. 

I am! 

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love it too. Just a little butter and garlic salt for me though.