Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Million

I’ve always wanted to have a million of something, well mostly a million dollars. Once there was a time a million was a big number. And I suppose now it still can be, because once you have the million it can somehow reproduce itself or so they say. It has to do with all that investing stuff that is light-years over my head. And I suppose if I never spent any of the money I’ve earned in my lifetime (which includes the ten cents an hour I use to make babysitting) I would have a million by now. But who can do that? So since accumulating a million bucks at this point in my life is probably not going to happen (sorry kids) I’ve decided I’ll have to get a million of something else.

After a little snafu with my camera Sunday (I deleted all my pictures on my camera accidently) I decided I needed storage totally dedicated to pictures. So in my search for storage I found that the newest affordable “number” in the computer world is a terabyte. I was just getting use to gigabytes and now we are on to terabytes. So what can I do with one tb (that’s short for terabyte)? Well, one tb will storage up to 4,000,000 photos. Four million are you kidding me. So that is my goal to fill up my terabyte before I die. I’m not really a picture taking person although it seems like I do (for me) have a lot of pictures spread between my three computers, not to mention CDs and 3 ½ floppy disks (hello I’m dating myself a whole 10 or 15 years).

Guess I better get started, the journey of a million pictures starts with me!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Awesome! Love it!
I love the new "do" too!

Brittani said...

I will yake a million pictures any day...at least those cannot be spent and enjoyed over and over again!

Amy said...

Love the make-over. I wonder how many pictures I have??