Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Gene


"A gene is a molecular unit of heredity of a living organism. It is a name given to some stretches of DNA and RNA that code for a polypeptide or for an RNA chain that has a function in the organism. Living beings depend on genes, as they specify all proteins and functional RNA chains. Genes hold the information to build and maintain an organism's cells and pass genetic traits to offspring.  All organisms have many genes corresponding to various biological traits, some of which are immediately visible, such as eye color or number of limbs, and some of which are not, such as blood type or the thousands of basic biochemical processes that comprise life."

Our genes have a big job to do, what with all the big words describing them. That’s the crazy thing about genes there are so many complicated-who-understands-all-there-is-to-know-about-them stuff going on that who really thinks daily about their genes, well of course besides me.  Lately I’ve been showing signs of my car gene again.  It rolls around every few years.  I got this gene from my dad.  When it surfaces all my mind can think about is cars and the next one to buy.  I study and research and drive Mr. Man crazy with my searching.  Weird I know but it is who I am.  And yes weird has been used to describe me.  I’m good with it.  Acceptance is half the battle.  So I’m just going to take my car gene and continue on my quest for my next car of my dreams!

2 comments:

Brittani said...

Are we thinking corvette yet???

SuSu said...

You all know me too well!