Monday, April 9, 2012

The Good Byes

I remember as a newlywed approximately 9 million years ago, it was always hard to say good to my family (especially my mother) after coming home for a California visit.  We lived in Utah for about three years before moving to back to California.  I so remember that feeling of separation. With each subsequent visit it never seemed to get easier.  Now I'm the mother and my children are miles away.  That pain of separation is still there; like the rip of a band-aid after each visit.  I know they are where they need to be and I am where I need to be but sometimes it just hurts.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Thinking of you today.
Don't be sad it's over be happy that it happened ;)

Tiffany said...

I feel your pain...my heart breaks everytime I have to say "good-bye" to Brandi.