Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Refinement

So I was thinking about the word refinement as it equates to us as individuals.  How this life is a time of refinement and each day hopefully we are doing something to improve who we are.   
Then I thought of diamonds.  Are we like a diamond, the hardest natural substance known to man? Do we resist change and improvement?  Did you know that for every one part diamond uncovered, it is estimated that 15 to 30 million parts of waste must be moved away.  Diamonds are great but seriously I don’t think I want to be a diamond.  Too much baggage surrounding a diamond to suit me.  As a diamond accepting change would be hard.
Then I thought of gold.  I think I would rather be gold. Gold is considered a soft metal; it is willing to submit to change. Change hasn’t always been easy for me but in the refinement process I’m working on it. 
Or even a pearl.  A pearl although hard is produced in a soft cozy environment. I like cozy.  Although in that environment they do take a while to grow at least they are moving in the right direction. Not surrounding themselves with millions of parts of waste.  They are just always moving forward, minding their own business refining themselves!
Diamonds might be a girl’s best friend but for me I’m stickin’ with gold and pearls. 

No comments: