Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Historic.........really

Saturday morning we loaded the girls in the truck and headed for their home away from home. After watching some t-ball and leaving the girls to run wild and free we headed for South Lake Tahoe. We took the 80 route and cut over at Truckee which took us around the West side of the lake. It has been more years than I care to count since we have been up to the lake. Once seeing the lake a flood of memories came crashing to the forefront of my mind. Growing up camping or just going up to spend the day at Pope Beach was a regular event. Camp Richardson was the camp ground we always stayed at. Apparently now it is considered a Historic Resort. Not sure how I feel about that ………..as I describe a remembrance from my youth that now has the words “historic” in it…………moving on.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Good idea......moving on ;)

Ashley Allred said...

Oh no! lol. That's fun you drove over there...good memories.