Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Day the Healing Began

Let me back up.  Last Monday I made a phone call no one wants to make.  Last Monday I called Brian's father to tell him that Brian had passed away. The whole idea of Brian being gone from this earthly life is so very surreal to me.  For the past week I've replayed the phone call a hundred times in my mind.  So much so in fact I started to second guess what I said; was I kind, was I thoughtful, did I cry too much.  I wondered should I have placed that call or should I have gotten in a car and driven to his parent's home.  As a parent I thought how would I want the information delivered to me. (For the record no parent wants this information, children are suppose to out live the parents) But that said I still couldn't get the conversation out of my mind. 

Today was the funeral.  Today as I walked up the steps of the church I was greeted by his father and his two sister's.  It was at that point my healing began.  Each of sister's hugged me and thanked me for making that phone call; they thanked me for my kindness for watching out for their brother and caring enough to call, knowing how hard it must have been. 

Brian left this earthly life too soon.  He will be sorely missed by many. My life has been touched by his and that of his family as we celebrated his life this day; this day the day the healing began....

No comments: