Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Pressing Forward

There is a very tall redwood tree in Calistoga that has a flag flying from the top of it. I’m not sure how it got up there. It doesn’t seem like a crane could reach it and I can’t imagine anyone climbing to the top. Either way, today when I passed by I thought about that flag, flying so high above all the trees and it made me think about rising up above all those things that can pull us down. Standing tall, when tall doesn’t feel tall. Standing tall and weather all of life’s storms……..facing them head on. That flag has been there for years, but today that flag seemed to stand taller than ever before, reminding me that even when I struggle it is important to look around and see all that is around me to strengthen me and help me press forward even when I don’t want to. Because life goes on and so must I.

2 comments:

Ashley Allred said...

I hope you're doing ok. I've been thinking about you a lot. Wish I were there to make you laugh with the crazy things I say. Love you and miss you. xoxo

Jessica said...

The kids and played I spy for your flag on the way to the shop today. You're right, it is way, way, way up there!