Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Where is the Fire?

Where is the Fire?? That’s what I remember asking my mom when we sat down for dinner. It was like she was always in this huge rush to get finished eating because “the baby” might start crying. So I’m thinking back and thinking………..what baby? I have three siblings and we are all like only children because of the number of years between us. That said I wonder now what the real reason was……it is too late to ask but I have found I have developed that same problem of “speed eating!” This is a problem for me because I really want to taste and enjoy what I’m eating but I find myself eating so quickly that I don't even get to savor what I just inhaled............... I hate when this happens. And I really hate it when I'm eating a sweet treat because it is gone and I don’t even remember tasting it not to mention it can really wreak havoc on one’s waistline. I need to STOP rushing to put out that fire……….I have a fireman in my family now………he’ll take care of all fires and cry babies. Thanks S2 now I can finally slow down and enjoy my food!

No comments: