Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Done

#21

Today I can say I'm blessed to be done.  Back in October which seems like another life ago (or maybe it was even September) I got this brilliant (at the time) idea to make all the Grans (that's 13) PJ's for Christmas.  I love pajamas so I always give pajamas at Christmas time.  It use to be easy to buy matchy matchy because their sizes where all practically the same.  But they are growing and it is hard to find big sizes and itty bitty sizes that match.  So of course I say to myself you could just make them all.  So I bought tons of fabric so the boys would match and tons of fabric so the girls would match.  So 8 pair of pajamas for the boys and 5 nightgowns for the girls. 

Well time marched on and right over the top of me.  I went to Kansas and cut them out.  I suppose I could have cut them out in California but the idea of cutting them out in Kansas was so much more appealing.  Plus D2 kindly offered to take one pair of pajamas and two nightgowns off my hands.  So now I only had seven pair of pajamas and 3 nightgowns to make.  In the beginning of my sewing process I was having major doubts and was so tempted to just throw in the towel and buy them.  But I persevered. And today I can say I fought the fight and won the war.
Blessed to be Done

PS I made four hats too! But I'm done. I have to be done. Well I'm done until next year.

5 comments:

Brittani said...

wahoo, cannot wait to see them!

Amy said...

Can't wait to see them either! My kids all need pjs.

Rich and Brianne said...

Congrats! That's a huge undertaking. I'm sure they look great.

Jessica said...

That's crazy ambitious of you! Maybe matching pillowcases next year?! Just a thought. :)

Some serious matching fun they will have with those pjs for sure! It will be so worth it.

Mike and Julie said...

You're setting a VERY high standard for the rest of us grannies :-) They look great and I know all will feel special to receive them. Travel safe!!