Monday, December 20, 2010

Youth

#20

There are certain things said in this family that when said or written take on a life of their own.  I love these little phrases and will remember them always.  Interestingly they were all said by children between the ages of six and seven (if my memory serves me).  So I must share. 
  1. "Blue. Blue. Blue."  This was written in a letter to my sister by D1.  Just randomly written blue blue blue.  I love to say it. Blue. Blue. Blue.  It makes my heart sing.
  2. "These are the best years of my life."  This little observation was made by S2 in his elementary school journal.  Sometimes school can be traumatic for a kid; apparently it was not for him.  At least he can't blame me for a bad childhood after all they were the best years of his life remember!
  3. "This is the worst December of my life."  This little statement was brought to me by Gran2 she is seven too.  That child makes me smile and smile and smile.
Blessed by Youth

3 comments:

Jessica said...

love #3. and #2. okay, and #1. I really should be keeping a journal of some of Russell's Russellisms because the things kids come up with out of the "blue, blue, blue" are just too fun!

Amy said...

Actually, I think Blue, blue, bLuE was written when I was 5...

Mike and Julie said...

...out of the mouths of babes wisdom is born...(they must have GREAT genetics!