Friday, March 30, 2012

Not So Favorite

It is almost impossible to like everything. Today there are two things that stand out in my mind as being not so favorite. Liver for one. Why is liver a food for humans anyway?  I don’t even like the sound of the word.  My mother tried to trick me into thinking it was hamburger. Hello even at six I knew it wasn't. Oh but liver and onions is so good she would say.  Not!  Thank heavens for the advent of cholesterol; the evilness of liver was finally revealed. I knew it along. 

Then there is the olive.  I know, I know, who among us doesn’t like olives.  Well it is true our childhood does mold us and my dislike for olives stems from becoming sick on olives at a friend’s house no less.  To this day I avoid the olive.  I will buy them, I just don’t consume them if I can help it.  So there you have it.  Liver and olives not a fan favorite.   Don’t serve them to me.  Thank you.

PS  It was much easier to say what wasn’t a favorite in the food department.  Which leaves everything else pretty much a favorite.  Okay, I won't eat bugs or frogs or rabbit (don't tell me it tastes like chicken) or other inside parts of animals.

No comments: