Thursday, October 28, 2010

For the Love of the Game

Some of my earliest and fondest memories of my Dad are of him listening to Giants baseball. He loved the Giants and because he loved the Giants I loved the Giants too. 

Candlestick was the park of my youth and many memories were made there.  I took Mr. Man there to see his first professional baseball game and the Idaho boy thought he was going to freeze to death.  He didn't believe me when I told him you are going to need a coat!  But it is 100 degrees he says to me in protest; he didn't realize that Candlestick was its own weather zone of freezing cold even on the hottest summer day. 

Mr. Man wasn't always a Giants fan; that of course has changed.  Today we are a family of Giants lovers.  The tradition lives on and as I spoke to each of the kids tonight each one, yes even the girls were enjoying the Giants do what they do best....................
provide drama!

Humm Baby!

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

even the girls...

SuSu said...

Well I know that Rick has not been converted and I don't know where David stands on his commitment to the Giants. I knew my girls would be watching. I converted my man....come on ladies!

Kimberly said...

Funny funny. I did ask David's opinion on the matter last night. He's indiferent. Although would be happy be if the Giants won. Then later said he would be glad if Texas won. He is just glad there is a team who will win that has never won a World Series.
I suppose these things take time ;)

SuSu said...

Here is the low down on the Giants: They were established in 1883."Overall the Giants have won 5 World championships (all as the New York Giants), 21 pennants, 7 Western Division titles and 1 wild-card berth in the team's multiple post-season appearances. They have appeared in the post-season nine times in 53 years, going to the World Series four times."

Now the low down on the Rangers. They have been around since 1961.They have won 3,657 games and lost 4,134 over their history, equating to a .469 lifetime winning percentage. The team is 8–13 in individual playoff games, and 2–3 overall for postseason series.
Don't you just love Wikipedia