Thursday, August 16, 2012

Positive Thinking


I believe in the power of Positive Thinking.  I know it works.  So I’m not a fan of jury duty; I appreciate our judicial system but I feel it is pretty flawed in a lot of ways but that is a post for another day.  What I want to write about today is the power of Positive Thinking.  Usually when I get a jury duty notice it is with a certain amount of dread; at least when it first arrives in the mail.  But after its arrival I turn on my PT knowing that sure I got the notice but when I call the night before my number won’t be picked.  Nine times out of ten this is what happens.  This time however my PT wasn’t going in that direction.  Not sure why.  It just wasn’t working for me, I wasn’t feeling it.  I knew I was going to have to go.  And sure enough when I called the day before my number was picked; leaving me feeling like hey what happened to the Positive Thinking.  I guess I just got a late start on it.  Then I got to thinking it is never too late to think positively.  And in fact I realized what was going to happen is, I would go to court and when we were all called into the courtroom the judge would say, “Thank you for coming here today but this case has just settled and you are all free to go.  And the best part your name will not be called for jury duty for another year!”  Well, guess what?  That is exactly how it happened.  I’m telling you people there is power in Positive Thinking.  It.Does.Work. And I’m thankful for it!

No comments: