Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Marriage

Thirty-nine years ago on this exact very same day in history Mr. Man and I were married for time (this life) and all eternity (forever and ever) in the Salt Lake Temple. (He was 12 and I was 9 at the time of the marriage if you were wondering.)

In these 39 years we have raised four amazing children, who have married equally amazing spouses and they have blessed us with 14 truly amazing grandchildren. We have been loved by 1 cat, 2 birds, and 9 dogs. As well as by an innumerable number of fish.  Plus 7 grand dogs. 

Mr. Man has been employed by 14 different companies. I have been employed by nine different employers myself. We have driven 18 different vehicles; company cars excluded.

We have lived in three different states and in 13 different homes. We have survived losing two homes; one to foreclosure due to loss of employment and one to a flood, that house we were renting. We now live in our dream home. 

We have attended 8 different wards. We have served in a variety of different callings. I have served in the Primary, in the Young Women organization and in Relief Society. I have also taught Seminary. Mr. Man has served in the Young Men organization, in the Elder’s Quorum, and on the High Council but most notably he has served as a counselor to 6 different bishops over a nearly 25 year period. 

In the world we live in today, 39 years of wedded bliss is a rare commodity indeed. I wouldn't say our 39 years has always been kicks and giggles but it has been a ride I would never trade. We have laughed together, we have cried together and we have come together as one. Each year we have added upon the goodness and richness of our union started just 39 short years ago. 

Here's to the eternities Mr. Man.  I.Love.You!

I wasn't kidding about our ages!

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'm laughing about the ages. And near tears with all the wonderfulness. Thank you just doesn't seem to cover it.
Happy "A" Day!!
PS Wasn't here 3 Birds??

Brittani said...

Really...you guys to look about 9 and 12 in the picture! Loved the post and you two! So glad you married and now I am a part of this family!!! Have a great Anniversary together.

Amy said...

Oh yeah, the birds... I can't believe you forgot them! Did you really have to put a number on it... that puts a number on me! lol!

Mike and Julie said...

Happy Anniversary...truly 'all because two people fell in love'!

Michele with one "L" said...

Happy Anniversary! I remember a reception at Uncle Henry's. You both have blessed our lives in more ways than I can mention. Lots of love to a great couple