Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Milk

This "Tasty Terrific Tuesday" is just a terrific tip!  I'm not really sure why it has taken me so long to actually get in the habit of doing this because I've known it was possible.  So what's the tip?  Frozen milk!!  We are not exactly close to a reasonably priced store; at least I don't call 50 miles close.  So I buy our milk at Costco.  And upon arriving home pour out about a cup to allow for expansion and put the gallon in the freezer.  It takes a while for it to defrost so when you are getting close to needing the next gallon just take it out of the freezer and put it in the fridge.  (It can take around three days to defrost so I usually let it sit on the counter for a couple of hours before putting it into the fridge.)  Now, don't freak out by the weird very yellow color of your milk; that's just the frozen fat.  I know special.  Even non-fat turns yellow.  But again not to worry just shake up that puppy and there you have a wonderful gallon of cold refreshing milk.  And just ignore the original expiration date.  I have never had a freshness problem after freezing; I usually use up my previously frozen milk in a weeks time!!

Milk, it does a body good!!



No comments: