Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Shopping

Growing up the favorite thing to do on the weekends with my mom, my aunt and my cousin was to head to Sacramento for a day of fun shopping.  The mother’s would go one way and my cousin and I would go another way.  We would meet up several hours later, amazing we could do that, no phones, no worries.  I don’t remember big purchases just the joy of looking and looking and looking.  I don’t even remember trying on clothes.  My mom was a seamstress so all my clothes we made especially for me.  I loved it that way.  Now shoes that was another story I’m pretty sure that shoes were always tried on.  Shopping then was so different than shopping now.  My favorite place to shop, my favorite way to shop hands down is here!  It doesn’t get better than that.  Order it one day and it is here the next.  Okay sometimes I have to wait two days.  But no leaving the house. I can shop and watch a movie.  I can shop in the middle of the night.  I can shop in my pajamas. Simply my favorite way to shop.

Mr. Man loves my favorite
place to shop too!

4 comments:

Amy said...

I love your kind of shopping too. Not having to drag the kids is around is so nice. I love the UPS man! lol!

Jessica said...

You are so good at embracing all the positive things about this changing world. I have yet to actually purchase something from amazon but I'm always checking out consumer reviews.

Rich and Brianne said...

Oh, I do not like shopping. But I DO love shopping on Amazon! Internet shopping was made for me (though, at the same time, I feel badly about not supporting local shops!).

Unknown said...

Amazon...it's a beautiful thing :-). I remember a trip to Target that was ever so much fun with the other half of my brain...no buying, just laughing....what does that "W" mean exactly ;-)