Wednesday, December 7, 2011

7:00 A.M.

I was never much for getting up early in my younger years.  In fact in my perfect world I would prefer to sleep in beyond 7:00 a.m. if I could.  But when it came to Christmas, there was just no sleeping in or sleeping at all for that matter.  I can vividly recall looking at the clock every hour on the hour until the clock finally reached 7:00 a.m.  For in our house growing up 7:00 a.m. was the magic hour.  It was the time we could go wake up Mom and Dad and not a minute before.  I remember sitting outside their bedroom door.  Much like the Mervyn's commercial, thinking open, open, open!  Now your are probably thinking, "why didn't you just go out without your parents?"  I admit I do recall a time or two that I would go catch a quick glimpse but mostly I just remember waiting and waiting and waiting, mostly for my Dad.  He liked to torture us by taking his sweet time.  It was like really Dad can't you shower after we see what Santa left us!?!  Couldn't you get up earlier and take that shower??  I know the thrill for him was seeing us squirm with anticipation.  Those funny Christmas memories.  I. Love. Them.

Side Note:  Yes this post is on the 7th at 7:00 a.m. not the usually 6:00 a.m. because after all it is a post about 7:00 a.m.!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Fun memories. I remember having to wait for my parents, and then wait for my dad to build the fire. Seemed like such torture at the time.