Thursday, May 3, 2012

Mistakes

I didn't do my usual morning post and because of that I have had a day of thankful thinking and pondering.  My mind kept floating back to a recent situation at work in which an error was made by a company we use in the bidding process that cost us about $70,000.00 on a job we bid on.  On the day of the bid we were third so the error was of no consequence at the moment.  But subsequently the first two bidders were found to be non-responsive for other reasons.  This left us as the low bidder but with a glaring (to us anyway) $70,000.00 mistake.  What to do?  Well we accepted the mistake and have taken steps to prevent that same mistake from happening again.

So how am I thankful for that experience.  Well I learned again, we are all human and no matter what, we are going to make mistakes, that's just life. But in the end it is what happens after that mistake that is most important and for that I am thankful!

No comments: