Saturday, October 4, 2008

Cleaning for Company

There never seems to be enough hours in the day to get everything done and when it comes to cleaning, well that always falls low on my totem pole. Someone once told me she loved when company came to visit because it was her only incentive to clean her house. I loved that thought and although I love a clean house it always seems like there is something better to do then scrub toilets and mop the floor. But I have to admit I have fallen in the trap of that idea; no ones coming so that toilet can wait another day and the dust can continue to grow. So, currently we are in month two of a remodel on our house and with this remodel/addition has come much dust and dirt, which has conveniently found a resting place inside our home - the part that no work is being done on! A fact that adds insult to my injury. Since I spend more time at work than at home I kind of ignore it even though it has started to drive me crazy. But alas.......company is coming so today was cleaning day and wow I feel great! Tired and sore but great. Today I feel blessed to have a clean home and good friends to share the weekend with!!

No comments: