Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I've Been Tagged and Then Some......

Six things you might not know or want to know about me. My first thought was everyone probably already knows what they thought they might know about me or they already know what they don’t want to know about me. But I will reveal what I’m sure is already apparent to some and what might be completely obvious to others. So my six things all in random order are as follows:
1. I have a thing about hair. In my life time of 50+ years there have only been 6 people that have ever cut it, curled it, or touched it. I won’t let just anyone “do” my hair. People thought I was crazy when I drove almost two hours to get my hair done. Now I must travel 800+ miles to get my hair done. No one touches my hair now but Amy.
2. When I was in first grade I almost drown. Because of that experience I have a great appreciation for water and what it can do.
3. I don’t toss. Everything I have ever tossed I always wanted/needed back within 36 hours of the tossing. I realize this is a problem and will be problem for the next generation so I’m working on this phenomenon by having Val toss it without my knowledge. I simple say something like this to him, “please take care of this.” He knows exactly what to do.
4. I love cars. Who doesn’t know this about me? Seriously? The hardest thing for me to do is sell a car; I want to keep them all, maybe you didn't know that. They become a living thing to me and it is hard to part with them. To this day I can’t look at a white VW Bug and not wonder where my 2000 Bug is……..lonely on the streets of San Francisco I’m sure. Sad.
5. I love dogs. I would have a whole pack of them if I could. My life is not complete if I don’t have a dog. I have two dogs currently Belle and Lola. Next spring I will be getting dog number three!! Dog, dog, dog!
6. There was a time in my life (bc) I wanted to be an attorney. I’m not sure what happened to that dream or why I didn’t pursue it. But I do know this, nothing in my life could possible be better than the life I have now (ac) and especially (ag). bc=before children, ac=after children, ag=after grandchildren

Wow I’m on a roll I guess I’ll toss in some bonus random useless knowledge.

7. I like to work on projects in the middle of the night. When the house is quiet, the dogs are sleeping soundly and all you can hear is the clock and the hum of the refrigerator. I can accomplish so much it is amazing.
8. In my perfect world I dream of living on a farm. I love all things living. The animals, the garden, and all that goes with it. Farm livin’ is the life for me…..land spreading out so far and wide……..ah you get the picture.
9. I love work. My life is blessed with work and by work.
10. I don't consider myself a great speller but I know when a word is spelled wrong even if I don't know how it should be spelled I somehow can tell it has been spelled wrong, that's weird to me.
11. I love numbers and the order they bring. My mother was a counter so maybe I come by this naturally. So here is a combination for you. In 2010 Val and I will celebrate our 37th wedding anniversary. In that year Amy and Rick will celebrate their 14th, Grant & Brittani their 10th, Kimberly and David their 8th and Justin and Ashley their 5th. If you add up the number of years are children have been married you come up with 37!! How random is that?

This last "thing" is neither random or useless but is the one thing I know for sure and what I would want others to know about me as well.

12. I know that God lives and that all I have in my life is because of Him.


Now I pass this tag to Ashley, Amy, and Lynette..........and all who view but don't reveal; I extend to you a special invitation.

No comments: