Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Don't Buy That I Have It!

So I have always had a hard time getting rid of things. Because every time, without fail I might add, I want or need the thing I have gotten rid of. I know that keeping stuff can get to be very problematic as new stuff joins the ranks what should I do with old stuff. Still it is hard to let go. Sometimes I think I'm doing better, other times not so much. And I realize the day will come and my children (except for Kimberly who inherited my "don't get rid of it gene") will be shaking their collective heads and saying, "why does she still have this!" I know and have heard every reason not to be such a collector but still I have a hard time letting go. That said, I received the validation I have longed for and it came from an unlikely source. So, first let me say Max has started Cub Scouts and like all Cub Scouts he needed a shirt. I thought wouldn't it be great if I still had one of the boys shirts from their Cub Scout days to give to Max. Granted, it has been 17 years since I had a Cub Scout but still I love the idea that Max would be wearing the shirt worn by my two boys; who went on to become Eagle Scouts and are now wonderful husbands and fathers. Well, lo and behold Dad found the shirt in storage one Saturday so I cleaned it up and sewed on the appropriate patches and gave it to Max. This begins me to today. Max was riding with his Mother and said "SuSu always has stuff." She asked him what he meant by that. And Max's reply was, "you know, whenever you need something, she says, 'no, no, no, don't buy that I have it!'" So, I guess sometimes it is okay to keep stuff!! Thanks Max you're the best....YIPPEEE!

4 comments:

Amy said...

All I can do is laugh... because I am one that will be shaking my head later at all your stuff.

SuSu said...

Thank you for laughing, I would rather you remember me with laughter than with tears!!

Brittani said...

I will be shaking with you Amy! Leave the claening to you and me!

Kimberly said...

And I'll be hoarding everything I can!!!