Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Normally

So "normally" Val picks me up each day from work between 4:00 and 4:30. Ideally 4:00! But today it was 4:30 when he got to the office and he was worried I would be sitting around waiting for him. But actually today I was busy finishing up a project so he went into my office and got on my computer to check his email. So our "normal" departure time turned into a 5:00 p.m. departure from Cotati. Our travel through Santa Rosa was a breeze. This certainly isn't "normal." So on we travel toward home sailing smoothly along. That is until we started up "the hill." No sooner had we past the 2nd passing lane and were approaching the 3rd passing lane when traffic stopped and I mean Dead Stopped!! Fifteen minutes turned to 30 minutes; 30 minutes turned to 60 minutes and 60 minutes turned to 90!! "Normally" we would have been 30 to 45 minutes ahead, had we left at our "normal" time. Thankfully today was not a "normal" day. Had today been a "normal" day we could have been part of the delay - A Head On!. I'm happy today to sit in the car and draft my blog. "Normally," I couldn't do that while driving over the hill. I'm grateful some days just aren't "normal!"

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm glad that today was "normal" either! Sheesh! So glad that you made it home in one piece.

Lynette said...

I have always known you were ABNORMAL...sometimes these little attributes come in handy. Happy you are safe. From one abnormal girlie to another...