Thursday, October 16, 2008

The New Math

So let's face it, we all want a good deal. We love the internet because it gives us the option of shopping around and never leaving home. We love this. So last night I'm "surfering" for the best rental car price. This is how it went. I requested pricing for Sunday to the following Monday, 9 days, price $198.00. Then I think well I really don't need the car Monday, so what would the price be for Sunday to Sunday, 8 days; that price would be $349.00. Okay, here is where the "new math" comes in. If I rent the car for 8 days the cost is $349.00. If I rent the car for 9 days the cost is $198.00. So if I rent the car for 10 days would the cost be $47.00? How about I rent the car for 11 days then they could pay me $104.00, that should about cover the gas. Whoever said that the "new math" is hard apparently never rented a car!!

No comments: