Monday, August 29, 2011

Bread

After running driving up to the store Saturday and purchasing my missing ingredient (lemon juice) I finally made this new bread recipe.  It is wonderful.  So easy.  So quick.  So tasty.  So perfect.  I used half white flour and half wheat flour.  You could use all wheat if you like.


Bread

2 1/2 c. warm water
3 c. flour
1/3 c. wheat gluten
1 T. yeast

Mix and let sit for 10 minutes.

Add:
1/3 c. oil
1 T. salt
1/2 c. sugar
1 1/2 T. lemon juice
3 c. flour

Knead for 10 minutes. Form into 2 loaves. Put into 200 oven for 35 minutes. Don’t open oven but increase heat to 350 for 25 minutes. Turn out of pans to cool.
Doesn't it just make your mouth water!

3 comments:

Mike and Julie said...

yummm...mouth's watering now!

Amy said...

I wish I would have known that was the ingredient you were missing. You could have used white vinegar.

Anonymous said...

1, tetracycline without prescription,