Friday, August 5, 2011

We Knew

The mind is a tricky thing. Some things it remembers and some things it does not. Maybe it is a space issue. I don't know. But I knew it was important for Mr. Man to be able to see his dad this trip, who although he doesn't remember him, Mr. Man does. It was wonderful for us to be able to visit with this happy soul, even if he had no idea who we were. I know he enjoyed the time we visited with him and the ice cream we brought him. (thanks for the heads up on the ice cream Nyla) He will be 90 years old in a month from now. What a life. Even though he doesn't remember the recent years, months, weeks, or even who visited hours before, he does remember the happy days of his youth. I'm glad he has those happy memories and that he shared them with us.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Mike and Julie said...

What a great opportunity - and pic!