Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Hardest Part

My friend has spent the day in the hospital with her daughter in anxious anticipation of the birth of her daughter’s first baby, a little girl. I’m so happy for them and that they are able to share in this most special event. They have been equally as gracious in answering my “text messages” and phone calls keeping me in the loop.

As excited as I am for them for me sometimes this is the hardest part.  I can't think about the 770 miles it is to Utah, the 1,164 to New Mexico, the 1,761 to Kansas or the 1,112 to a second New Mexico location.  I can't think about the fact that I can't just drop by on the way home from work or do all those other things people get to do when their children (and the eleven grandchildren which I should have had first) still live near by.  Because when I do I cry the biggest tears and get a big fat headache.  It is the hardest part but one I won't dwell on today or ever..........it ain't worth the headache and it hurts too much!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I was just thinking about her, wondering how things were. Keep me posted!