Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Things I Can't Change and Things I Can.....

There are some things in life we just can't change; which sometimes is the hardest part of living. Learning to live with that fact can at times be overwhelming. The simple act of letting go can be hardest thing. The phrase, "let go and let God" is a comfort and the words of encouragement I need to accept those things I can't change.

For instance, I know I can't change the weather. So I choose to enjoy each season, although I definitely enjoy some seasons more than others. I know I can't change the traffic. We are in plenty of traffic each day, although myself mostly as a passenger which is okay because (and I mean this sincerely) I do love the ride. Getting upset over heavy traffic is a waste of energy and is the only valid excuse I know for being late! See even traffic has goodness. I know I can't change the distance between Utah, New Mexico, or Kansas. If I could rearrange a few states or remove them altogether (sorry Nevada) that distance would be much shorter but alas I can't. But I can take every opportunity I get to visit those States or have those States visit me and am blessed when this happens. I know I can't change the fact that both my parents are now living on the other side of the veil. But I have felt their spirit with me many times since their passing and I do know that a time will come when we will be reunited. They are at peace and I am at peace in their passing. I know I can't change others to my way of thinking and that can be a frustration to me at times but that's not reality or even realistic or even something that I should really want to be. Differences are what makes the world go round; differences are what makes life interesting. Differences keep us on our toes. Differences make me think harder.

So what can I change? ME; plain and simple. I know I can change me and for that I'm most grateful. I know that each new day is a blessing and an opportunity to be a better me. And that to me is the most important thing I can change.

1 comment:

Ashley Allred said...

I love your post. I feel that way sometimes and get too caught up in the things I wish I could change, but I'm so grateful for Teigen and Justin because they help me come back to earth and reality. :)