Friday, October 2, 2009

In the Still of the Night.........

Although I don't plan to make my daily blogs in the month of October an eleventh hour practice tonight I find myself in that very position. It has been a busy day up at 5:30 (that's a.m.) on the road by 6:15. Left the office at 3:00 with my "dil" and number nine who are visiting; we ran some errands before heading back up the hill for home. Got home at 6:15 (that's p.m.) then left again for the grocery store at 7:30 got home at 9:30! It's an hour round trip to the grocery store. Once home the next thing I know my "dil" is cleaning out my refrigerator! Blessed am I, then she is sweeping the kitchen floor with a broom. All is quiet in the house just the swish of the broom and the tick of the clock can be heard. There is something theraputic about sweeping with a broom I say to which she agrees. In the still of the night we find peace and the strength to press forward another day!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Does she want to come to my house and do my fridge? I have a big purple stain on my carpet that could use some attention too. Courtesy of number 2 while dancing with a plate of pancakes that had berry syrup on them intended for number 8. @$%^@%@!!!!

SuSu said...

She said she would get right on it, next time she is in town. Not sure when that will be though. As for the carpet stain.......oxy-clean carpet spray works pretty good and might be your friend? Good luck with that.

Ashley Allred said...

It was nothing. ;)