Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My Crazy Mind

One of the things I’m responsible for at work is obtaining the plans and specs. for upcoming jobs. This responsibility requires me to always be working days and weeks and sometimes months ahead of the actual date on the calendar. I have to get these plans and specs in as early as I possibly can to give the estimators enough time to properly bid them. Because of this I’m always looking ahead and working beyond today; it just puts time in a different prospective for me. Today is only October 14th but I’m basically done with October and already looking for and obtaining plans for November. If someone were to ask me what is happening today or tomorrow I usually don’t have a clue because those days happened weeks before in my mind. Thank goodness for my Outlook reminders.

One thing for sure it does tend to shorten the distance between point “A” and “B” for me. For example, on the actually calendar it is 6 weeks until Thanksgiving. I'm currently working on projects that are just a week or two before Thanksgiving and on one project that is after Thanksgiving! Yikes, that means Christmas is knocking on my door; can’t think about that today.

Another way I judge time is by the expiration date on milk. It goes like this. If I went to the store today and bought a gallon of milk and let’s say the expiration date is October 26th that tells me that when the milk is gone, which with only one milk drinker basically it will last until the expiration date, there will only be five days until Halloween. So in my mind it means I have 5 days to get the candy! I know crazy but that’s just how my mind works.

No comments: