Monday, October 5, 2009

My Goal

I came home tonight with a goal. The goal was to bake for two hours - from 6:00 to 8:00. I felt that in that time I could bake some mini crème puffs and mix up some wonderful lemon curd. Simple enough....on paper it was anyway. You see everything I'm baking this week needs to be mini sized. Usually I'm really good about doing a little test beforehand but tonight I was confident my crème puffs would be the perfect size..........hello they were not the perfect size. They were not a bad size just too big to be in the mini category. No worries I say to myself I will whip up another batch and still reach my 8:00 goal. I've made crème puffs a million times! However, out of my next batch of 48 only 15 survived........hello I burned them.........are you kidding me. I've been hovering over the oven like a buzzard and for one minute I turn my back; yes the timer was on but for that minute that my attention was elsewhere my baby crème puffs burned. Thank heavens for tomorrow when I whip up round three.

Oh, by the way the lemon curd turned out splendid!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Really??

Kimberly said...

Dang she beat me to it!!!

Really?

The Redford Family said...

I can't beleive all the work you are putting into this shower. You are a great hostess! Good Luck with round 3!!!!

Ashley Allred said...

wish i could be there for the party. you've done such neat things....take pics of the food table before people get there!!