Friday, October 9, 2009

It's the Ride

Every workday our commute consists of two one hour’ish “rides.” Sometimes I refer to it as our “six-tens” (that’s six ten-minute commutes) or our “four-fifteens”; you get the idea. Sometimes our“ride” is even longer than an hour; I call that a bonus! Most people’s reaction to our “ride” is, “oh I could never do that!” I guess it is all how you look at it. We look at it as a blessing. Blessed that we have jobs to go to, blessed that we have a home to go to but mostly blessed because we have uninterrupted time to share. It is a time for us to talk about our day, talk about what’s on our mind, talk about future plans or just about anything that comes to mind; no interruptions! Our commute together is a blessing and one that is not lost on me. This day and everyday I give thanks for “the ride!”

1 comment:

Brittani said...

maybe we need to commute so we can actually talk, I think we both could use it! I think it is great for you guys!