Friday, February 11, 2011

The Hill

Today I can honestly say I love the hill.  The hill being Mount St. Helena. This 15 or so miles of twists and turns has not always been my friend.  In fact, years and years ago when we took what was to be a leisurely drive up the hill I declared I could never live on the other side of that hill. But that was then. And this is now. When it was determined we were going to move to the little community on the other side of the hill I became friends with dramamine for a time, it was the only way to survive the ride, it is a twisty one I tell ya. But in time my  body became accustom to the turns and turns and more turns.  Why today I can sleep on the ride over the hill of course only when I'm the passenger.  As you might guess the hill has few friends. But for me I do love the hill.  It is my passage.  Each day it takes me into the world and then back into my world of home sweet home.  The home that I love!


3 comments:

Jessica said...

I miss "the hill." Mostly I miss the people on the other side of the hill, but I did learn to love that drive. I love your description of it being a passage between two worlds. Perfect description!

Colleen said...

I too am a friend of the "hill". Since I grew up with it we've always been friends,even through a few bouts of car sickness as a child.
I love the beauties of it, the changing colors, the fog, and the fresh air.I love the history of it; people who loved it before me.
When I'm returning from a trip away it tells me I'm home...I love "the hill".

Ashley Allred said...

Yeah, I wasn't a big fan of the hill when i first drove it with Justin. (Well let's say my stomach wasn't a fan) ;) But the last few times we drove it, It wasn't that bad for me. Maybe it's because of who we were going to see!!! ;)