Wednesday, February 9, 2011

People

I love people. I love hearing their stories and learning from them. Recently I just finished reading a book entitled Bold Spirit: Helga Estby's Forgotten Walk Across Victorian America.  It was a fascinating story of a women and her daughter's walk across America. What was so amazing to me about this story is that it took place in 1896, and remember they walked the whole way. Can you imagine?  When I read stories like this as well as stories of our early pioneers and ancestors I marvel at the strength these people had to persevere under such harsh conditions of nature. In these stories and in these people I find my strength and courage to plow through when days are rough and to daily acknowledge the blessings of my life today. I love people and their stories.

2 comments:

Ashley Allred said...

Sounds like a cool book!

Jessica said...

biographies and autobiographies are my very favorite things. They never fail to put into perspective how much I don't have to complain about and how resilient people have the power to be. love them! sounds like a great book to add to my reading list.